Sumitomo Drive Technologies
We can supply the right Sumitomo Gear Box for your application, Australia-wide.
- Shaft Mount – Load sizes from 227 Nm to 44051 Nm Interchangeable
with metric and imperial shafts.
- In Line
General purpose, compact, in-line reducers and gearboxes offering easy installation.
- Right Angle
Space saving, easy to install shaft mounted reducers and gear motors. Gear designs deliver quiet, efficient performance.
Sumitomo Helical Shaft Mount (HSM)
Features and benefits:
- Torque range 227 Nm – 44,051 Nm
- Interchangeable with most shaft mounted units
- Incorporating latest gear technology providing increased torque in a smaller package
- Fitted with ISO Bearings and seals.
- Standard torque arm feature with turnbuckle design for quick and easy adjustment.
- HSM Bore and Key models to suit most metric shafts.
- HSM Taper-Grip® hubs in a range of diameters.
- Alloy steel shafts, precision ground on bearings and gear seating.
- Standard oil seals are double lipped with gaiter spring, Taconite seal options for harsh environments.
- Gear core is precision bored and doweled to ensure accurate assembly.
- Backstops available for all sizes and can be retrofitted after unit has been supplied.
The HSM can be secured to the driven shaft by means of the Taper-Grip® bush which will transmit the torque and shock in overload capacity of the selected gearbox.
Features and benefits:
- Requires no key-way.
- Resistant to fretting corrosion.
- Easy to assemble and position the HSM to the driven shaft.
- The bush can be used from either side of the gearbox as standard.
- Allows for the driven shaft diameter tolerances to be h10.
- Easy to remove the HSM from the driven shaft.
- Wide selection of shaft diameters, both metric and imperial shaft bores available.
- Available in Bore and Key
- Taper-Grip® bush can be used with existing keyed shafts. Because is does not use a key-way it avoids any type of fretting and corrosion.
Other Sumitomo Drives available:
- 2 year year warranty 500% Overload Capacity.
- Tooth Profile without Breakage
- CYCLO DRIVE is a tough reducer with long lifetime with contact ratio 2 to 3 times more compared to the involute gear.
- Lightweight and compact
- Combination of internal planetary mechanism and cycloidal tooth profile actualized lightweight and compact reducer mechanism. This is why we can easily produce reducers with high reduction ratio which were simply impossible by involute gear stages.
- Versions of new sizes have come to market in Cyclo Reducer right angle series of Bevel BUDDYBOX, well-known for their features of “Strong, Long Life Span, and High-Efficiency”.
- An additional capacity motor is also provided. The range of variations for compact right angle gear-motors has been further increased.
Compact but large allowable radial load. Long life and excellent shock resistance.
- The input stage uses our Cyclo speed reducer or planetary gear which allows a greater shock resistance than helical gears and a longer operating life.
- Easy-maintenance for lubrication.
- Grease and lubricant oil, which were separated at both the input stage and output stage, are unified for easier maintenance.